Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
A delicious risotto made with mushroom, asparagus, arborio rice, white wine, vegetable stock, Romano cheese, butter, and fresh herbs!
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Medium size Shallots, minced
- Handful of Asparagus, ends snapped
- 1 1/2 Cups Arborio rice
- ½ Cup White wine
- 4-5 Cups Vegetable stock, or chicken stock
- ½ Cup Romano cheese
- Shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano, to your liking
- 1 Tbsp Butter + 2 Tbsp to add at the end
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Fresh herbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Step by Step Instructions
- Before cooking your risotto, blanch or steam your asparagus and cut to bite size.
- Sautee your mushrooms and set both aside.
- In a heavy bottom shallow pot melt 1 Tbsp of butter and add olive oil.
- Add the minced shallots, season with salt, cook until translucent, over medium heat, no browning.
- Add wine, stir until evaporated and a film is created on the bottom of the pot.
- Start adding your stock in batches, while stirring.
- Taste for texture before adding more liquid to prevent overcooking.
- Your risotto should be al dente when is cooked and runny.
- You may need more liquid if you prefer it soupier.
- Once you’ve achieved the desired consistency, turn off the heat and fold in asparagus, mushrooms, Romano cheese, the rest of the butter, fresh herbs, freshly ground pepper.
- Plate and top with shaved Parmigiano Reggiano.